viernes, 22 de agosto de 2014

IQUIQUE

Hi bloggers  :

Today I´m gonna write about Iquique. I choose this city because I was born there and all my family is from the north of Chile. I really love Iquique and I´m pround to be Iquiqueña.

 
 
Iquique is known as "land of champions", I don´t really know why. It´s a port city and it lies on the Pacific coast, west of the Pampa del Tamarugal wich is part of the Atacama Desert.
 
Iquique has one of the largest duty-free commercial port centers of South America, the Zona Franca of Iquique  which has been traditionally called Zofri. There are around 2.4 square kilometres  of warehouses, banking branches, and restaurants.
 
 
The best things of the city are the climate because there never rainfall and the beaches that you can find.The best beach in Iquique is Cavancha, it´s ubicated in the north of the city and it´s has the most quiet water, you can be in the ocean all day.


 In Cavancha you can practice  aquatic sports like stand up paddle and surf. During all the year you can find schools of surf and  of body board, this schools  in summer are full because all the kids wants to be surfers.



 


  I really recommend you to stay a summer in Iquique.The weather there is all the year the same (it´s grate). If you want I can make a tour for you and show the amazing things that are in this city.

2 comentarios:

  1. I visited Iquique and zofri during my scholl trip from arica to Santiago in 3thgrade, I'm sure that it's a great city to visit, I suggest you (who read) to go.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I want to know Iquique. I like watching the sea. I will think to go to Iquique for the next summer.

    ResponderEliminar